Poster and Interactives Award Winners
Sorry, the flash media seems to not available.
During the Posters and Interactive session our group of secret judges (select from among your NMC Conference colleagues) circulate to cast their votes for the Judge's Choice Awards. Conference participants cast their own votes for the people's choice awards.
This year's ribbon award winners include:
Poster Session Winners
- Best of NMC: How to Empower Faculty without Intrusion and Burdening (Caroline Copestake, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya)
- People's Choice: Less Filling, Same Great Taste: Comic Books Instead of Videos for Student Projects (Jared Bendis, Case Western Reserve University)
- Judges' Choice: The Digital Media Internship Program: Strategies and Techniques for Developing Student Multimedia Production Skills (Coco Kishi, Lucas Horton, and Peter Elam, University of Texas at Austin)
- Judges' Choice: Recorded Answer Assessment and Commentary System: Building Online Language Proficiency Exams Using Flash Media Server and Red5 (Emily Cicchini, Scott Herrick, and Coco Kishi, University of Texas at Austin)
- Judges' Choice: Professional Development Masters Delivered Via Moodle and Videoconference (Camilla Cortez, Universidad Tecnologica de Chile INACAP and Brett Christie, Sonoma State University)
Interactives Session Winners
- Best of NMC: Finding Software: The Digital Research Tools (DiRT) Wiki (Lisa Spiro, Rice University)
- People's Choice: $3.50 Adapter Lets Low End Camcorders Use Headphones (Edward Keller, Georgetown University)
- Judges' Choice: Crowdsourcing the Tutor and Scaling Apprenticeships (Phillip Long, University of Queensland)
- Judges' Choice: The Masks of Antonio Fava: Working with 3D Objects (Dan Zellner, Northwestern University)
- Judges' Choice: What About Sound? Audio in Sound-Critical Videoteleconferences (Brian Shepard, University of Southern California)
- Judges' Choice: If You Want to Change the World, Become an Enterpreneur! (Jelena Godjevac and Claudio Cerulli, MEA-I; Munir Ahmad, HP)
Congratulations to the winners, and our thanks to all the participants who prepared a poster or an interactive display.