Many of us have no trouble seeing that a photo is dark, small, or out of focus -- yet we settle for poor sound quality because we’re not sure what to look for or what we can do about it. This article provides strategies for improving the quality of audio recordings.
The College of Arts and Humanities at the University of Maryland, College Park is searching for a Coordinator to create digital content and provide digitizing services for faculty and staff including digitizing video, texts, and audio material and creating academic content to be delivered via web and print media.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Digital Media IT Coordinator will coordinate and promote faculty project work, establish and maintain support services, organize events and social media to showcase faculty use of technology, generate digital content supporting the instructional and research missions of the College, provide digitization services, lead training for digital media technologies, create documentation to be disseminated on unit's website, and manage the operation and use of scanning/digitizing computers and recording equipment provided by the College for faculty use.
Senior Content Manager, Rich Media Segment
Content Team | Carpinteria, CA, United States
As a member of the Content Team at lynda.com, the Senior Content Manager for the Rich Media Segment is responsible for the overall direction and strategy for delivering the best online training content for the audio, video, 3D and animation markets. This includes creating and managing the content roadmap to serve the training needs of existing and new customers, as well as recruiting and retaining the best authors to grow and serve the needs of the rich media audience of the lynda.com Online Training Library.
• Research the training needs of those producing audio, video, 3D and animation content.
• Develop and execute the overall strategic content plan for the Rich Media Segment of the Online Training Library that aggressively grows the membership and viewership of content serving the Rich Media market. Track, review, and share results.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours, and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Over the last 22 years, our innovative solutions have revolutionized the creative process, and have earned hundreds of accolades including two Oscar® statuettes, a Grammy® award, and 12 Emmy® awards. Today, we remain committed to empowering our customers to realize their creative vision—whether that means blockbuster films and platinum-selling albums, or personal audio and video treasures that preserve life’s most significant moments.
Join Phil ice, Ed.D., for a preview of soon to be published paper that explores foundational work in the use of audio feedback in online courses that found the following benefits associated with use of the technique:
- Ability to understand nuance
- Increased involvement in the course,
- Improved content retention,
- Increased perceptions of instructor caring
Subsequent research across multiple institutions confirmed these findings and detected significant gains in various aspects of teaching, social and cognitive presence. Later work demonstrated a generalized preference on the part of students for feedback that included both audio and written components.
The Associate Interactive Designer creates interactive content and user interfaces for Capella University's courses and websites. This individual reports to the Supervisor of Course Media, whose team has responsibility for interface design, new media, usability, and ADA compliance.
A compilation of responses on the NMCTAB about a request for recommendations for portable audio recorders; see the attached document for the full document.
- Audacity on PC/Mac http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
- Barix Instreamer http://www.barix.com/products/instreamer_network_mp3_encoder.html
- Edirol R09 http://www.edirol.net/products/en/R-09/, http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2006/08/31/edirol-r-09-digital-recorder-...
- GarageBand on Mac
- iAudio U2 http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/u2/
- iPods with recorders: http://ccnmtl.columbia.edu/podcasting/articles/ipod_recorders_1.html
- iPods with the XtremeMac Micromemo http://www.xtrememac.com/
- iRiver T10 http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/ultra/t10/)
- M-Audio http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/11/30/m-audio-microtrack-review.htm...
- Marantz PMD660 www.transom.org/tools/recording_interviewing/200503.pmd660.html