Laurence F. Johnson, Ph.D. is the founder of the Horizon Project, which produces the acclaimed series of Horizon Reports that are now used by more than a half-million educators in nearly 60 countries, and Chief Executive Officer of the New Media Consortium, an international not-for-profit consortium dedicated to the exploration and use of new media and new technologies. Its hundreds of member institutions constitute an elite list of the most highly regarded universities, museums, research centers, and companies in the world. Johnson is an acknowledged expert on emerging technology and its impacts on society and education, and the topics of creativity, innovation, and how to think about the future. With more than 25 years of experience in the higher education arena, he has served in roles from professor to dean, CIO and provost, and most recently, president before joining the NMC in 2001.
- 2011 NMC Summer Conference
- iPads in the Museum
- 2011 NMC Photo Safari at Jackson Hole
- 2011 NMC Campus Leaders Advisory Board Meeting
- 2010 NMC Symposium for the Future
- MIDEA Workshop: Maximizing the Returns of Social Networks for Your Museum
- 2010 NMC Summer Conference
- 2010 NMC Symposium on New Media and Learning
- NMC Commission on Accreditation Inaugural Convocation
- SL Pro!
- 2010 NMC Campus Leaders Advisory Board Meeting
- 2009 Symposium for the Future
- 2009 NMC Summer Conference
- NMC Symposium on New Media & Learning
- 2009 NMC Directors Meeting
- Program for the Future: Special Registration for NMC Members
- Rock the Academy: Radical Teaching, Unbounded Learning
- 2008 Pachyderm Conference
- 2008 NMC Summer Conference
- 2008 NMC Symposium on Mashups
- New Orleans Regional NMC Conference at Tulane
- It’s Here! The 2011 NMC Horizon Report: K-12 Edition
- Show me the Horizon Project Navigator!
- Three Perspectives: Where the Internet Has Brought Us and Where We Go From Here
- Challenge-Based Learning: The Report of the Implementation Project
- CANCELLED ---NMC Photo Safari > 2011 Summer Conference > Focus on Frank Lloyd Wright
- Bootstrapping Innovation the Doug Engelbart Way
- Launching 2010 Horizon Report - Iberoamerican Edition: Emerging Higher Education Horizons for Latin America, Portugal and Spain
- NMC and HP: The EdTech Innovators Awards
- NMC Town Hall Meeting: Commission on Standards and Excellence
- Introducing Horizon Project Navigator
- Wish There was Something like Second Life that Could Run Behind your Firewall? Welcome to the Hakone Project!
- Welcome to the Symposium
- Challenge-Based Learning: An Approach for Our Time
- The NMC’s Hakone Project: New Life for Second Life
- Reflections on Radicalism
- Opening Remarks: The revolution will not be televised...
- Marcus Foundation Digital Education Project Meeting
- Open Virtual Worlds: An NMC - Sun Microsystems Collaboration
- NMC Campus Project
New Media Responsibilities
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) serves on and reports to the NMC Board of Directors. The CEO is responsible for all NMC operations, including programs, financial management, staffing, supervision, and outreach.